Here’s a bit of trivia for you: name a diamond engagement ring style that’s almost 300 years old, yet is still a hot trend today? If you answered halo engagement rings for women, you’re correct! They’re vintage, yet modern. Classic, yet contemporary. In many ways, there’s nothing quite like a halo setting diamond ring.
At Pompeii3, we carry a wide selection of halo diamond engagement rings. Not sure what makes them so popular? Let us walk you through some of their key features. In the end, we think you’ll agree that halo engagement rings for women are an amazing choice for any bride-to-be!
What Is a Halo Engagement Ring?
Although there are many variations of the halo setting diamond ring, there are two basic hallmarks of the halo style: a dazzling center stone (typically a diamond) and a group of smaller diamonds encircling the center stone.
The ring of diamonds creates a halo around the stone, which produces a stunning show of fire and scintillation. The overall effect is absolutely breathtaking.
When Did Halo Engagement Rings for Women Become Popular?
The first halo engagement rings were found in Europe in the 1700’s. The halo rings of this era had a smaller center stone that was almost equal in size to the diamonds that made up the halo.
In the 1800’s, halo rings were all the rage in Victorian England. During this time, the center stone was typically a larger colored gemstone to emulate the look of a flower.
The halo craze finally hit America’s shores in the early 1920’s. During this time, both American jewelry and architecture were going through the Art Deco phase. This style of clean lines and angular patterns was a natural fit for women’s halo engagement rings. Although the halo style has gone through some variations since that time, the vintage style rings you see today are a homage to the classics.
Who Should Consider a Halo Engagement Ring?
These rings are perfect for women who want to make a statement. A bold, beautiful center stone surrounded by a dozen or so smaller diamonds is sure to grab attention. And why wouldn’t it? The beauty of the design of halo engagement rings for women is that the ring sparkles and shines, no matter what angle your hand is at.
Additionally, one of the most spectacular features of the halo setting diamond ring is that you can get a big diamond look with a smaller budget. Because the center stone is surrounded by smaller diamonds, you can get the scintillation of a multi-carat diamond without having to pay a multi-carat price!
What Makes The Halo Ring So Special?
How do we love thee, halo ring? Let us count the ways! There’s so many reasons why halo engagement rings for women should be at the top of your engagement ring list:
- Choose your center stone: Although many halo rings include round brilliant diamonds, did you know that you can utilize other diamond shapes as well? Choosing a diamond cut is easy with our curated selection of rings. You can select from cushion, emerald, marquise, oval, and princess, along with the traditional round brilliant.
- Choose your metal: Although halo rings have historically been made with white metals, we offer selections in white, rose, and yellow gold at both 10 karat and 14 karat weights.
- A well-protected center stone: One of the underappreciated parts of the halo diamond ring is that, by surrounding your center stone with smaller diamonds, you can effectively protect your larger diamond from accidentally getting knocked out of its setting.
- Versatility: You’ll find that many halo rings have different designs on the shanks of the ring. Some halo rings even use center stones other than diamonds, like sapphires or pearls!
- Custom halo designs: Have you looked at our selection of halo engagement rings for women, yet still haven’t found exactly what you’re looking for? Don’t fret, because our custom design service can help you create a one-of-a-kind halo ring just for you. Our expert craftsmen will work in tandem with you to make your dream ring a reality!
Say “Hello Halo” With Pompeii3
When it comes to choosing the right halo engagement rings for women, you need to start the right retailer. Look no further than the experts here at Pompeii3! For over 100 years, we’ve been creating breathtaking, high-quality jewelry here in the USA. When we create pieces like our halo rings, we only use conflict-free diamonds from legitimate sources. So, when you purchase from Pompeii3, you can be sure you’ve bought an unparalleled ring that has been ethically sourced.
Also, since we sell directly to our customers, you’ll always get the best deal when you shop at Pompeii3. In fact, our customers find that they save 30% or more by shopping with us instead of the jewelry stores at their local mall. What could be better than that?
If you still have questions about our halo rings, contact us at Pompeii3 today. It will be our pleasure to answer your questions and assist you in finding the perfect halo ring!